Welcome to the Metatype documentation!
Metatype is an open platform for developers to declaratively build APIs. It offers a new approach to creating backends, where the developers focus on data modelling and delegate the implementation to the platform.
The intent is to address the following challenges:
- developers are often a bottleneck, and may spend less than 50% of their time on tasks that matter
- most of the developments needs are similar, yet most of the systems are not interoperable
- infrastructure management takes time and slows down the deployment velocity
The platform is composed of the following components:
- Typegraph: a multi-language SDK to manage typegraphs - virtual graphs of types - and compose them
- Typegate: a serverless REST/GraphQL gateway to execute queries over typegraphs
- Meta CLI: a command-line tool to offer a great developer experience and fast deployment
Get to know Metatype
Follow the quick-start to install the components and get a taste of Metatype. Or, jump right into practice with a tutorial below.
📄️ Metatype basics
Learn the basics of Metatpe by building a real world API..
Explore and learn more functionalities
The platform provides out of the box support for many use cases:
create/read/update/delete data in your database
storing files in your cloud storage
authenticate users with different providers or using JWTs
connecting to third-party/internal APIs
running custom business logic in your preferred language
providing fine-grained access control to your data
📄️ All about types
📄️ List of support runtimes
📄️ Deploy on different environments
📄️ Security mechanisms
Understand Metatype in depth
Once you are familiar with the basics, you can learn more about the motivation behind Metatype and the underlying implementation.